As I expected: there was something simple and obvious, which I somehow could
not see.
Thanks for the pointer.

Terry T.

On 03/03/2015 03:12 AM, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
On 02/03/2015 22:48, Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. wrote:
I've moved nlme from Depends to Imports in my coxme package. However, a
few of the examples for lmekin use one of the data sets from nlme.  This
is on purpose, to show how the results are the same and how they differ.

  If I use  data(nlme::ergoStool)  the data is not found,
data(nlme:::ergoStool) does no better.
  If I add importFrom(nlme, "ergoStool") the error message is that
ergoStool is not exported.

There likely is a simple way, but I currently don't see it.

There were some off-the-mark suggestions in this thread.  If you just want a
dataset from
a package, use

data("ergoStool", package = "nlme")

In particular, it is somewhat wasteful to load a large namespace like nlme when
it is not
needed.