On 20.07.2017 13:55, Iago Mosqueira wrote:
Hi,

I maintain a repository of R packages, where some of them contain
executable binaries. I need to separate those compiled for 32 and 64 bit in
Windows, but I could not how to do any of the two options I can think of:

1. Have subarch subfolders in PKG/inst/bin to that the right one is
installed or called

Use 1., i.e. the same approach as for dlls, where we have the two subdirs for the two archs.

I think this will be difficult in Makevars.win when you build the executable binaries as part of the installation process, hence I think an appropriate Makefile.win should be used.

Best,
Uwe Ligges

2. Have separate versions of the packages accessible in the same repository
for each subarch, e.g. bin/windows/contrib/3.4/i386

Could I do thew first via a configure.win script?

Is the second option possible?

Any pointers to the documentation I might have missed would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Iago