Hello, All:

      A feature request:

      What about modifying the code for "help(pac=xxx)" so it looks for "xxx" on CRAN as well as locally:  If it finds it locally, it uses that version but with an annotation reporting what it found on CRAN:

* If it doesn't find CRAN, it doesn't report anything on this.
* If it finds CRAN, and the version numbers match, it reports that.
* If it finds CRAN, and the local version is behind CRAN, it says, "newer version on CRAN". * If it finds CRAN, and the local version is ahead of CRAN, it says something like, "Local newer than CRAN."

      This occurred to me, because someone suggested I update the "sos" package to use CRAN to get package information for packages not already installed.  It's a great idea, but I'm not ready to do that just yet.

      Best Wishes,
      Spencer Graves