On 05/06/2019 4:48 p.m., Abby Spurdle wrote:
 > If they choose to continue with only EXE,
 > I will just keep using other programming languages.

I did agree with your original suggestion.
However, I don't think that a lack of zip formats, is a disincentive from using R.

If you don't want to run the installer, see Iñaki's message for how to extract the files without running it. I don't know if any of the configuration done by the installer is essential; you can read the source in https://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/src/gnuwin32/installer if you are curious.

Duncan Murdoch

If you have an issue with the Windows installer, the obvious option is to install the source version, and compile from it.

This is, after all, how open source is designed to work.

Also, I agree with what Duncan said.

Abs