Henrik's advice is all good. I would say his idea of the final commit of a README pointer is better than deleting things at R-forge; there is likely old information out there somewhere pointing to R-forge as a location for Ecdat development, and any bug reports or discussion on R-forge will not have been copied over to Github.

Duncan Murdoch