On 18/02/2023 9:51 a.m., Duncan Murdoch wrote:
One more comment:

The utils::setBreakpoint() function should be updated to be able to set
breakpoints in S7 methods, or a substitute function should be added to
the S7 package.

RStudio 2022.12.0+353 (not sure if that's the latest) also needs to be
taught how to do that, since it doesn't seem to use setBreakpoint.

I took a look at updating setBreakpoint(). I can get findLineNum() to work, but setBreakpoint() doesn't work because trace() doesn't work. debug() doesn't work either: it looks as though it is trying to treat an S7 method as an S4 method.

Will the already proposed changes help with debugging, or is that a completely separate issue?

Duncan Murdoch