>>>>> Jonathan Carroll writes:

Thanks.

Fascinating ... I strongly suspect that when I wrote the code in 2006
the docs said the largest possible number was 3899.  Of course, I should
have added a comment on this with a pointer to the docs ...

In any case, clearly <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_numerals> etc
say that we can do up to 3999, so this should be looked into.

Can you please file a PR so that this does not get forgotten?

Ideally perhaps also with a patch? :-)

Best
-k