Martin MOKREJŠ wrote:

Dear all,
I tried to follow http://www.bioconductor.org/faq.html#getBioC to install it,
and that's why I got to the problem.

Using getBioC to obtain Bioconductor packages

        1. From your R session, type:
           source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R";)

[SNIP]

Maybe, there are items 3-5 lost. The document doesnt even say how to close R.
I doubt thise section is NOT for newbies, this describes how to get the things installed,
right? ;-)

So, typing "quit" at the ">" prompt doesn't help, btw. ^d is better, the only problem
is I've no idea if I should say y or n tot he question if I want to save my temporary image ....

To the INSTALL script actually I got via this problem:

[SNIP]

Two points:

a) Please read the manual "An Introduction to R", among many other things, it tells you how to close R and how to answer the question whether to save the workspace or not - it also tells you what the workspace is.

b) Please ask questions related to the Bioconductor project on its own mailing list. At the moment, package management of Bioconductor is a bit different from R's "native" package management.

Uwe Ligges