On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, A.J. Rossini wrote:

But I don't see a problem with "package("package")", though I'm sure
I'm missing something.

Grammar. It's like `R CMD build' which some people think installs: here you don't want `to package' you want `to use', and these are read as imperatives.

I think we are all agreed that some variant on usePackage() would be good, but here the perfect is the enemy of the good and the good the enemy of the adequate.

Let's see if someone cares enough to push a design through for 2.1.0.

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]