A later bug report (#7860) had to do with inappropriate sizing of the first text drawn on a png() device, and I've now fixed the bug that caused that. Could you please check whether you still see your bug on today's build? It will be available on CRAN tomorrow (May 15), in

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rpatched.html

Thanks!

Duncan Murdoch

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: png device plot on athlon 64 processor
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:52:40 +0100 (CET)

Full_Name: Emiel Ver Loren van Themaat
Version: 2.0.1
OS: windows XP
Submission from: (NULL) (145.117.31.248)

On our computers, which have windows xp sp2 installed and have a 64 bit amd/athlon processor, the following simple code

png("test.png")
plot(1:10,main="hello")
dev.off()

results in a plot in which the "main" title is not visible at all. For 32-bit
computers with XP sp2 this bug does not occur.

Hopefully this bug can be fixed.

(may be the png library is not up to date)