Thanks a lot for both solutions of my problem.

I tried it immediately and I understood how they are working.

The next problem for me is now to deal with the NAs. I thought
perhaps it is possible to exclude the variable from the row
comparison if in one of the rows is an NA?
Furthermore it would be useful than to divide the resulting number by
the number of used variables for the comparison to get back a number
between 0 and 1.

Unfortunately I am able to understand what happens if somebody gives
me the code but I am not able at the moment to write it by myself. I
hope this will change by and by.

So I would be very pleased if you could help me once again.

Greetings

Birgit