dear R users, I've got kind of strange problem that I can't solve, even
though it's not that difficult. I need to compute the wald-wolfowitz run
test on the residuals from a gee model, and I'm trying to build the
quantities I need by hand. Whereas for the expected and the variance there's
no problem, I do not know how to quantify the number of runs, i.e. the
number of sequences of equal values.
With a short vector like 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 it is easy to see 3
sequences, but my residuals are more than 7000, so it's quite difficult to
trust on eyes only. I'm looking for a way to get this one, but I can't
figure out.
Moreover, i found the wawotest function in the adehabitat package doing this
test, but the results (which is mean, variance...) are different from what I
got by calculatin them by hand so I wanted to finish my calculations to
better understand what's going on.
Any help will be appreciated. Just give me a hint, and I'll do my best to
rule this out...
thanks
niccolò