Thank you. I have downloaded the compressed package "growth-1.tgz". I have
extracted the archive. But all my attempts to install such a package so that
I can call its functions from R command line ... have failed.
It is not clear to me how to operate the "install.packages" command where
the package has been already downloaded.
I  tried different parameters, and repos=NULL, but I could not succeed.
What is the pitfall here ?

Thank you very much,
Maura

--