Hi:

   There, I've got a question about how to read in expressions as function
parameters and it really bothered me.

 I'm going to use curve() function to plot curves, and I'd like to write a
menu function to let use input math expressions.

  say, if I'd like curve(3*x*x-4/x, 10, 100), I use scan() to  read in the
math expression

form<- scan(file = "", what = character(0), n=1,strip.white =
TRUE,quiet=TRUE )
then get form as a string. "3*x*x-4/x"
Use parse() to convert it into expression
form2<-parse(text=form)
then form2=expression(3*x*x-4/x).

However, curve(form2,10,100) doesn't work at all.

Is there anyway to get this done?

Thanks a lot!

Alex