You would probably need to talk to the people maintaining the mirrors as you
would need access to the download statistics.

I presume that the IP addresses of the people who download are also stored
somewhere, so you could possibly georeference the download statistics.

Flame  mode on

Then you could analyze everything with SAS and email the results to the SAS
corporation to see if they appreciate the (not so subtle) irony.

Flame mode off

Seriously though, I'd expect the download statistics to uncover a substantially
higher use base than the figures you initially posted suggest.

Christos