On Mon, 21 Jun 2010, Filoche wrote:

Hi everyone.

I want to use 2 different functions (in 2 packages) that have same name. for
instance, if I call the function, it will use the one in the last called
package.  Is there a way to specify the package to use for a function?

Something like

Package1:myfunction(...)
Package2:myfunction(xxx)

(Re?)Read:

Writing R Extentions
.
.
.

1.6 Package name spaces

R has a name space management system for packages. This system allows the package writer to specify which variables in the package should be exported to make them available to package users, and which variables should be imported from other packages. .
.
.

HTH,

Chuck