I'm sorry, I don't understand your problem to the detail so my suggestion
may be waaay off, but how's this? You can see in vector vec - all ok values
except where there's an error.

n <- 10
vec <- rep(NA, n)
for (j in 1:n)
{tryCatch(ifelse(j==5, vec[j] <- j, j), finally=print("oh dear"))}
vec

Cheers,
Roman

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Paul Chatfield [via R] <
ml-node+2266760-1183296220-76...@n4.nabble.com<ml-node%2b2266760-1183296220-76...@n4.nabble.com>
> wrote:

> I've had a look at the conditions in base and I can't get the ones to work
> I've looked at but it is all new to me.
>
> For example, I can work the examples for tryCatch, but it won't print a
> finally message for me when I apply it to my model.  Even if I could get
> this to work, I think it would still cause a break e.g.
> for (j in 1:10)
> {tryCatch(ifelse(j==5, stop(j), j), finally=print("oh dear"))}
>
> Thanks for the suggestion though - any others?

In God we trust, all others bring data.