Hi ,
I want to assign names to the rows in my matrix so that when I use the
'agnes'  function from R cluster package , the dendogram that is produced
represents the rows of the matrix. This way I would know what elements in
the matrix are clustered together. But when I do the following,
rownames(distF) <- paste("A",dim(distF)[1])

it gives the following error;
Error in dimnames(x) <- dn :
  length of 'dimnames' [1] not equal to array extent

What am I doing wrong? Any help is most appreciated

--
Ayesha Khan

MS Bioengineering
Dept. of Bioengineering