Hello,
I am trying to calculate Diebold Mariano test statistic (DM) using dm.test
module. I also try to do the same thing with STATA and I get vastly different
results (4.5 vs 25). Does someone have experience with this module?

I tried to calculate the DM statistic manually. If by “d” I define the
difference of squared forecast errors for two models, then
DM=mean(d)/sqrt(long_run_var(d)). To calculate long run variance of d I use
newey west standard errors. What I don’t understand in newey west command is
meaning of “prewhite”. Any help?

Thanks!