Hello, I am trying to update the mgcv package on my Linux box and I keep
getting an "Out of memory!" error.  Does anyone know of a fix for this?
Below is a snippet of the message that I keep getting:  Thank you.  Geoff

** R
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
 >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'mgcv'
     Formats: text html latex example
  Predict.matrix                    text    html    latex   example
  Predict.matrix.cr.smooth          text    html    latex   example
  Tweedie                           text    html    latex   example
  anova.gam                         text    html    latex   example
  bam                               text    html    latex   example
  bam.update                        text    html    latex   example
  cSplineDes                        text    html    latex   example
  choose.k                          text    html    latex   example
  exclude.too.far                   text    html    latex   example
  extract.lme.cov                   text    html    latex   example
  fix.family.link                   text    html    latex
  fixDependence                     text    html    latex   example
  formXtViX                         text    html    latex
  formula.gam                       text    html    latex
  full.score                        text    html    latex
  gam                               text    html    latex   example
  gam.check                         text    html    latex   example
  gam.control                       text    html    latex
  gam.convergence                   text    html    latex
  gam.fit                           text    html    latex
  gam.fit3                          text    html    latex
  gam.models                        text    html    latex   example
  gam.outer                         text    html    latex
  gam.selection                     text    html    latex   example
  gam.side                          text    html    latex   example
  gam.vcomp                         text    html    latex   example
  gam2objective                     text    html    latex
  gamObject                         text    html    latex
Out of memory!
ERROR: building help failed for package ‘mgcv’
* Removing ‘/usr/lib/R/library/mgcv’
* Restoring previous ‘/usr/lib/R/library/mgcv’

The downloaded packages are in
    ‘/tmp/Rtmp9H7LN8/downloaded_packages’
Updating HTML index of packages in '.Library'
Warning message:
In install.packages(update[instlib == l, "Package"], l, contriburl =
contriburl,  :
  installation of package 'mgcv' had non-zero exit status