Dear Gabor,
Yours worked really well. For what it's worth, here is the final product. I also added a line or two to reconvert the dates back to written form (October 15 2010).

require(chron)
dd <- seq(as.Date("INSERT FIRST DATE OF CLASSES IN TERM HERE"), as.Date("INSERT LAST DAY OF CLASSES IN TERM HERE"), "day") a=as.character(dd[weekdays(dd) %in% c("INSERT FIRST WEEKDAY OF CLASS", "INSERT SECOND WEEKDAY OF CLASS")]) a=chron(a, format = c(dates="y-m-d"), out.format=c(dates="month day, year")) write.table(a, "INSERT FILE LOCATION WHERE YOU WISH TO SAVE DATES", quote=FALSE, col.names=FALSE, row.names=FALSE)

Thanks a lot.
Simon Kiss