Hello!

I need to make a plot with whispers that does the following.

Reads in 50 files, each file containing 200 data points.  A file looks like
this:
base100.log
Send Receive
10.5   100.3
15.0   102.4

There are 100 lines, each with two data points.  I need to read in the 50
files, and plot three lines

The first line is the mean of the send column with whiskers indicating
standard deviation  (Each file represents one data point)

The second line is the mean of the receive column, as above.

the final plot is the mean of the two summed, with whiskers as above.

There will be 50 data points on the final graph, one for each file.

I've done this sort of a thing before, but I really can't figure out how to
handle the different Columns.

If I use read.table:

x1 <- read.table("updateToSink1010.log")

then x1 becomes a matrix, with two columns and 101 rows.  -- including Send,
Receive.

Anyways, I'd appreciate a push in some direction - hopefully the right one
:).

--
Ian Bentley
M.Sc. Candidate