Hi all,

Thanks for the really great help I've received on this board in the past.

I have a very particular graph that I'm trying to plot, and I'm not really
sure how to do it.  I think I should be able to use ggplot for this, but I'm
not really sure how.

I have a data.frame which contains fifty sub frames containing one hundred
data points each.

I can do a histogram of each of these sub frames individually, and see the
distribution.  I can also plot the mean & standard deviation of the fifty
together in one plot, where the x axis identifies the subframe to which it
refers.

What I'd like to do is combine these two things, so that I have a 2 -d
graph.

The x axis specifies the sub-frame.
The y axis is just the data.

Each x column plots the minimum of the data in the sub frame, the maximum,
and the median, as points.  AND each x column also displays histogram data,
so that the y values which have more density in the subframe are darker, and
the ones with less density are lighter.

I know this is fairly particular, and may not be possible, but it would be
really great for me!

If anyone can help - thanks!

--
Ian Bentley