Jeff,

Thank  you for your response. Upon your suggestion, I sent the connection info
to the slaves as:

mpi.bcast.Robj2slave(sqlUser)
mpi.bcast.Robj2slave(sqlPass)
mpi.bcast.Robj2slave(sqlDBname)
mpi.bcast.Robj2slave(sqlHost)

and then inserted the following command in the slave task:

con <- dbConnect(MySQL(), dbname=sqlDBname, user=sqlUser, password=sqlPass,
host=sqlHost)

The slaves are executing the tasks before this command. However, they
failed to perform the tasks after this and even failed to run simple
SQL queries.

I also tried inserting a direct R command into the slave task as:

con <- dbConnect(MySQL(), dbname="XXXXX", user="XXXX", password="XXXX",
host="localhost")

But it is of no use. Please let me know if any one has suggestion for this
problem.

Thank you,
Krishna.