Dear all,

I would like to do sample statistics, e.g. mean, median from very large
dataset. This is part of commands I use routinely with several dataset
so I would like to make it into function. The simplified examples are

Test<-data.frame(A=c('a','b','c','a','b','c'),B=c(1,2,3,4,5,6))

#Create function (This one work)

GetAvg<-function(Input,Bygroup){
AVG<-fn$sqldf("select A, avg(B) as Average, median(B) as Median
                from Test
    group by $Bygroup")
return(AVG)
}

Result<-GetAvg(Test,'A')

#Create function (This one does not work)

GetAvg<-function(Input,Bygroup){
AVG<-fn$sqldf("select A, avg(B) as Average, median(B) as Median
                from $Input
    group by $Bygroup")
return(AVG)
}

Result<-GetAvg(Test,'A')

The only difference is with $Input. How can I refer to this variable in
sqldf. Thank you

Best Regards,

Suphajak Ngamlak
Equity and Derivatives Trading
Phatra Securities Public Company Limited
Tel: +662-305-9179
Email: supha...@phatrasecurities.com