On 04/08/2010 3:40 PM, Jennifer Young wrote:
Hello

Could someone please direct me to the correct commands for adding accents
(grave and aigu) to a letter in a plot title, label, or in added text? I'm
sure there's a handy list somewhere, but I've failed in coming up with the
correct search words to find it.

You may have trouble with particular graphics devices not supporting the fonts, but if you just enter text containing accents, you should see them. For example,

plot(1, main="La probabilité est façile")

If your keyboard doesn't have accents you can enter accented characters using Unicode strings, e.g. the same result as above comes from

plot(1, main="La probabilit\uE9 est fa\uE7ile")

(You can use \u{E9} instead of \uE9 if it is ambiguous where the character ends.)

Duncan Murdoch