*What I want to do:
*Create a windows shortcut that will start the R gui  **and**
simultaneously source a file

*What I have already tried:
*This almost works, but it's not the interactive R GUI:
     R --no-save --sdi -file="C:\SomePath\example.R"
These open the R GUI, but doesn't recognize -f --f --file -file
     RGUI --no-save --sdi -file="C:\SomePath\example.R"
     RGUI --no-save --sdi -f "C:\SomePath\example.R"
     I've thought about suppressing the error and then parsing
commandArgs()...
     Although this may be possible, it seems preposterously overly
complicated.

*My last resort:
*   Having an entire installation of R with a "Rprofile.site" that will
source my program.  The whole installation would be devoted to just running
that one program.  I think it will work, but it's an annoying waste of
space, and confusing to have multiple R installation.

Thank you very much!

What I'm using:
   Right now, R 2.10 on Windows 7, but I'm happy to use any version.  My
intended audience will be using Windows 7

I've spent a fair amount of time searching the online help using my favorite
help sites:
http://r-project.markmail.org/
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/R-help-f789696.html

I've also looked at the PDFs that come with r, especially the R-intro (which
is where I got the --f and --file ideas).

Sometimes I see help responses that just point to the chapter of a book, or
a PDF on Cran.  I would be delighted to discover my own answer in the
available materials, but please give some hint about why the cited material
is relevant!