On Aug 13, 2010, at 6:57 PM, chantalm wrote:

So I have a for loop

for (i in 1 : 5) {
print(i)
}

and I want it to print 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 sequentially for each loop iteration. Instead, it waits for the whole loop to finish and then prints. It's strange because my R console seems to have two modes of execution. One where it will iterate for each loop and print the message (and where I can easily abort an R program with the escape key), and another mode where it doesn't print for each loop iteration/just keeps executing even if I press escape key. I can't figure out how to enable the first way of execution! Can someone shed some
light on this matter?

This depends (if I remember correctly) on OS specifics which you have not provided. Aren't they teaching you to read the manuals (aka Posting Guide) at U-dub these days?

(perhaps search on :

??"flush console"  # ( again, IIRC)

--

David Winsemius, MD (UW '87)