During my session I write several .Rdata  objects to a variety of
subdirectories
so replicating the exact problem wasnt very easy.

In the actual program all the files get written.
all the files have sizes that fit the amount of data in them.

It looks like the problem was naming the files .RData as opposed to .Rdata
since there was one function that named all the files before saving, it
kinda messed up
the program and my ability to replicate the problem.

Seems to be working now

Thanks