Dear All

At institutes where there are PC labs used by Masters and undergraduate
students and software is maintained /managed by a central IT services,
do you always update R every time a new version is released - around
beginning of April and October? Do you also ask them to install all
patch releases as they turn up?

Currently our IT department update once a year before the start of the
Autumn Term. This would mean that this year they would update to version
2.11.1 and would just miss 2.12.0 and would not update again until
September 2011. I think we might need a more flexible strategy than this
and am curious how others manage it.

Thanks in advance

Fiona

Dr Fiona M. Underwood