Good afternoon!

It may seem trivial to some/most of You, but I found it difficult to properly
include a C++-based .dll into a package that I want to build for usage in R. I
read through the "Writing R extensions..." & "R administration ..."
instructions, but it seems I did not "grasp the bigger picture".

The way I figured out to use the .dll in my package finally worked for using
that package from the R console, but it gives multiple error and warning
messages when running the RCMD check pkg command in the shell.

What I did: I created the package skeleton via package.skeleton() including a
function that makes both (1) a
library.dynam() call to a .dll and (2) a .C() call including the name of the
function in that DLL. Next, I run RCMD INSTALL pkg to install the package and
then created a /lib folder in the installed package containing the .dll file.
I tried alternatives, e.g., (a) containing a /src folder in may package
skeleton with the .dll in it and/or (b) including zzz.R with a .First.lib
function including the library call .... but nothing worked out when running
the package check.

help! thank You very much, MArtin