Hi Philippe, thanks for the suggestion - for my smaller problems I find that
closures are quicker to define and deploy. At larger scales, I've implemented
S4 objects with methods and attributes - though while elegant, I find that OO
(apart from what's built-in) adds significant biolerplate in defining classes,
so try to avoid it when I can... but I don't know much about the proto package
except that it loads with gsubfn() - might look into it. Thanks!Stephen