Hello all.

A Journal we are sending an article to is asking for the following:

 To ensure the best reproduction quality of your figures we would appreciate
high resolution files. All figures should preferably be in TIFF or EPS
format... and should have the following resolution: Graph: 800 - 1200 DPI

Photo: 400 - 800 DPI

Color (only CMYK): 300 - 400 DPI (DPI = dots per inch)

Since I am sending a graph, I am trying to save it using tiff.

Here is the code I am using:

tiff(filename = "c:\\aaa.tiff",

     res = 800, pointsize = 2)

plot(1:100)

dev.off()

But sadly, it produces a very "bulky" image (and if I where to not use
pointsize = 2, I would get the error massage:

 Error in plot.new() : figure margins too large

)

I am clearly missing something basic here about the use of DPI, I would
appreciate any help in figuring this out.

Thanks!

Tal

Contact me: tal.gal...@gmail.com |  972-52-7275845
www.r-statistics.com (English)