Dear all,

Lattice provides automatic coloring for subgroups on each panel by the
simple use of a groups statement. For an application I want to change
these colors to a predifined set. This works well using a panel function
in stead of the default as long as there are only points in the graphs.
When I set type="b" things get messed up. Any idea why? I include sample
code for illustration below.

Thanks for your ideas.

Geert

dataset <- data.frame ( time = rep(1:5,times=9),
                genotype = factor(rep(rep (c("A","B","C"),each=5),times=3
)),
                location= factor(rep (paste("LOC",1:3),each=15)),
                color = rep (rep (c("red","green","blue"),each=5),times=3
),
                result = rnorm (45))

library(lattice)

xyplot( result ~ time | location, data=dataset,groups=genotype,pch=19,
type="b")

xyplot( result ~ time | location, data=dataset,groups=genotype,
                fill.color = dataset$color,
                panel = function(x, y,fill.color,...,subscripts) {
                        fill = fill.color [subscripts]
                        panel.xyplot(x, y,pch=19, col=fill)}
)

xyplot( result ~ time | location, data=dataset,groups=genotype,
                fill.color = dataset$color,
                panel = function(x, y,fill.color,...,subscripts) {
                        fill = fill.color [subscripts]
                        panel.xyplot(x, y,pch=19, col=fill, type ="b")}
)