On 24.08.2010 17:35, Jack Luo wrote:
Hi,

I downloaded a package with .gz extension, which presumably works for Unix,
when I installed it directly on windows, it has the error msg:

Error in gzfile(file, "r") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In unzip(zipname, exdir = dest) : error 1 in extracting from zip file
2: In gzfile(file, "r") :
   cannot open compressed file 'CustomCDF_1.1.0.tar.gz/DESCRIPTION', probable
reason 'No such file or directory'

Does anyone know how to convert the package into a windows installable zip
file?

Please see the "R Installation and Administration" manual in order to learn how to install source packages (such as the tar.gz file you got) under Windows.

Best,
Uwe Ligges

Thanks a bunch,

-Jack