Dear Henrik,

Thank you so much for your kind help. Unfortunately, I could not find out
any function such as 'gunzip' in R.utils package. Instead, I could be
successful by using the following command.

system("gunzip filename")

On the other hand, the function 'gzfile' supports the compression as gz
format, but I still do not know how to decompress gz file by using the
function 'gzfile'.

Best Regards,
Wonsang