I have a dataset relating the effects of engineering works on the level of
salinity in a river before and after the works.  I have modelled this using
linear mixed effects models to determine if the significance and level of the
response to the works.  I am wanting to calculate the se of difference at
several points. I am not sure of how to calculate the difference and which
estimate of se I should be using e.g. is it the random effects or the fixed
effects estimates and what formula to use e.g. the one for calculating se using
linear models?

To assist here is one of the models I have formulated

  log(Salinity) ~ log(flow), random=~log(flow)|sites/phase

where sites is a factor with levels upstream & downstream, and phase is a
factor with two levels before and after.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tschüß
Tony Meissner
Principal Scientist - Monitoring
Department for Water | Level 3 28 Vaughan Terrace Berri SA 5343
T 8595 2209  | M 0401 124 971
E tony.meiss...@sa.gov.au<mailto:tony.meiss...@sa.gov.au>

Mon | Tue | Wed | Thurs | Fri

www.waterforgood.sa.gov.au<http://www.waterforgood.sa.gov.au/> |
www.sa.gov.au<http://www.sa.gov.au/>

The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/o...{{dropped:13}}