On Sep 16, 2010, at 10:22 PM, lord12 wrote:

I want to open the file in excel and I want the columns in my table to be
lined up with the columns in excel.

Generally one would use an extension of .csv in that instance, and you may need to move the column headers over one cell because the "blank cell" at the upper left corner of the table does not get written by write.table.

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT