Hi,

I agree with you that levels should not be automatically dropped after
subsetting.

However, I think there should/can be an extra argument to make it
possible (the default being no dropping). I have no example in mind, but
I guess it is possible that sometimes, one want to show only some
levels. Would it be a bad approach?

Anyway, it is not that complicated to use factor() again.

Ivan

--
Ivan CALANDRA
PhD Student