On 26/09/2010 4:08 AM, Romain Francois wrote:
Le 26/09/10 10:00, Sebastian Gibb a écrit :
Hello,

I get a value which stores a relative file name. (I get it from another
function, which I don't want to change.)
e.g.
fileName<- "../data/2010-08.csv";
Is it possible to get the absolute file path out of this value?
(e.g. /home/sebastian/documents/data/2010-08.csv)

Kind regards,

Sebastian

Hi,

I often use tools:::file_path_as_absolute which is not exported from the tools namespace, but does the job.

Or use normalizePath, exported from utils.

Duncan Murdoch