Dear R help list,

I am desperately looking for any reference explaining by examples how to
write  R codes in order to fit the parameters of a given model using maximum
likelihood or any other criteria function. I know the general structure:
First write a code for the maximum likelihood function and afterwards  write
a code to maximize it using optim and then invert the  Hessian  to get the
standard errors and p-values. What I want  is to find a document  which
gives in detail the R code to do so  for some  given  examples such as
linear mixed effect models, survival analysis etc ... where the likelihood
has a closed form and when it doesn't have a closed form ... I will then
follow the same structure to fit my own model.

Best wishes,

Abderrahim