Hi The reshape suggestions works great on my previous data, but I am unable
to make is work on the new dataset. It actually works but only gives me the
output of single row, instead of 96 rows.
The dataset has two control groups control 1 and control 2, two disease
groups viz disease 1 and disease 2 a total of 384 values
plate.id        well.id Group   HYB     rlt1
P1      A1      control1        SKOV3hyb        0.19
P1      A2      disease1        SKOV3hyb        0.21
P1      A3      control1        SKOV3hyb        0.205
P1      A4      disease1        SKOV3hyb        0.206
P1      B1      disease2        SKOV3hyb        0.217
P1      B2      control2        SKOV3hyb        0.646
P1      B3      disease2        SKOV3hyb        0.371
P1      B4      control2        SKOV3hyb        0.56

when I use
ydat <- reshape(ydat, idvar = c('plate.id','HYB'), timevar
='Group',direction = 'wide')

I get

plate.id        well.id.control1        HYB.control1    rlt1.control1
well.id.disease1
HYB.disease1    rlt1.disease1   well.id.disease2        HYB.disease2
rlt1.disease2
well.id.control2        HYB.control2    rlt1.control2
P1      A1      SKOV3hyb        0.19    A2      SKOV3hyb        0.21    B1
SKOV3hyb        0.217   B2      SKOV3hyb        0.646

instead of 96 rows of data, only one row comes, i tried new.row.names but
that is not working.
I would appreciate the help.
Thanks