On 2010-10-02 11:47, Luciano Selzer wrote:
Dear List,
I find Effects package very useful, but  I believe I have found a bug in
allEffects function. Please consider the following code:

test<- data.frame(tries= round(runif(40, 5, 300)),
     tra = gl(4, 10, labels = c("V", "D", "C", "L")),
     prop= runif(40, 0, 1))

test$success<- round(with(test, tries*prop))
test$prop<- with(test, success/tries)

model<- glm( cbind(success, tries) ~ -1 + tra, data = test, family =
binomial)
allEffects(model)

#Error en eval(expr, envir, enclos) : objeto 'tra' no encontrado

model2<- glm( prop ~ -1 + tra, weights = tries, data = test, family =
binomial)
allEffects(model2)
#Works

On a quick search on the internet I've found nothing about this. Is this a
bug?

I think that this is indeed a bug, probably due to the use of
the all.vars() function in effects:::analyze.model().

The obvious workaround is to specify your model as in model2
above or, if you want to use the matrix-response version, then
give the matrix a name and use that in your model:

 respmat <- with(test, cbind(success, tries - success))
 ##[correcting your cbind]
 mod <- glm(respmat ~ ....)

   -Peter Ehlers

Thanks for your time