On Oct 12, 2010, at 5:54 PM, Steve Swope wrote:

When I plot y axis labels with in a loop they (I) get confused. Here is some
sample code:

Fe<-c(1.1, 4.5, 7.2, 8.8)
Mn<-c(9.6, 7.2, 5.3, 2.1)
Cd<-c(2.2, 3.4, 6.1, 3.2)
FeMnCd<-data.frame(Fe, Mn, Cd)

par(mfrow=c(2,2))

for(i in FeMnCd)plot(i, xlab="Event",ylab=colnames(FeMnCd)[i])

The more plots per page, the crazier it gets! TIA

Think about what will be assigned to "i" and perhaps even print it to your console, since it's not what you apparently expect:

for(i in FeMnCd){print(i); plot(i, xlab="Event",ylab=colnames(FeMnCd) [i]) }

The source of you confusion may become more clear.

Steve

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT