Hi all,

I can't understand why grid package failed to installed on my machine. Can
anybody have a look and advice on where I am missing it.

 My R version is 2.9.2. After untarring:  tar xzvf grid_0.7-4.tar.gz, I
tried to configure or make but none worked, 'no such files'. I have also
tried using : sudo R CMD INSTALL /home/ogbos/Desktop/goo/grid_0.7-4.tar.gz
which also resulted in the error below.
* Installing to library '/home/ogbos/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.8'
* Installing *source* package 'grid' ...
Error: Invalid DESCRIPTION file

Invalid package name.
This is the name of a base package.

Execution halted
ERROR: installing package DESCRIPTION failed

Thanks for any advice.
Ogbos