Hi:

Here's another version of the plot using ggplot2:

g <- ggplot(sleepstudy, aes(x = Days, y = Reaction, group = Subject, colour
= Subject))
g + geom_line(size = 1) + geom_smooth(aes(group = 1), size = 2) + theme_bw()

To get rid of the legend, if you so desire, use
g + geom_line(size = 1) +
     geom_smooth(aes(group = 1), size = 2) + theme_bw() +
     opts(legend.position = 'none')

By default, geom_smooth() uses a loess curve for smoothing; use method =
'lm' outside the aes() call to get a least squares line instead. If you
don't want the useful confidence limits on the smooth :), add se = FALSE to
the geom_smooth() argument list.

I tend to like size = 1 for lines, but the default size produces thinner
lines, if that's what you prefer.

HTH,
Dennis