Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask.  I'm not aware of a
mail list devoted to database interfaces.  Please direct me if
so.

I am trying to use TSMySQL. It loads RMySQL, and apparent the
CRAN version has an .onLoad script which seeks out the local
MySQL server.  If that fails, the package fails to load.

Thing is, I'm trying to access a MySQL database on a remote
machine for which I have authorized access. Anyone know how to do
this, or suggest where I can find out?

Thanks.  I have successfully accessed remote databases using
RODBC.  Is that how I need to go?

 - Jan