On Nov 12, 2010, at 4:22 PM, cran.30.miller_2...@spamgourmet.com wrote:

Hi -

    I have a dataframe of (x,y) values. I'd like to fit an exponential
curve to the data for further statistical analysis (pretty much the same functionality provided by Excel's LOGEST worksheet array function). Can someone point me to the (set of) functions/ package that is best suited to
provide this functionality? Admittedly, I am a novice in the use of R
statistical functions, so a brief example of how to compute a correlation coefficient off a fitted exponential curve would be greatly appreciated (though I could probably work through it over time if I knew the proper R
tools).

Probably (not seeing a clear description of the LOGEST function):

?exp
?log
?lm
?cor