R-helpers,

I have had difficulty installing the "pcvsuite" package on R version 2.12.0
(2010-10-15).   The pcvsuite package is not available on CRAN, but is located
for download at the following website at the University of Washington:

Windows version
http://labs.fhcrc.org/pepe/dabs/pcvsuite_1.0.zip

Mac version
http://labs.fhcrc.org/pepe/dabs/pcvsuite_1.0_R_i386-apple-darwin8.11.1.tar.gz

I am using a MacBook Pro and have both Windows 7 and Mac OS X snow leopard
installed on their respective partitions.  When I install the windows pcvsuite
zip file on the Windows partition using R 2.12.0 (64 bit), I get no problems.
However, when I install the mac version of pcvsuite on the Mac partition of the
same computer and an identical version of R (except for Mac), I get the
following:

* installing *binary* package ‘pcvsuite’ ...

* DONE (pcvsuite)
> library(pcvsuite)
Error: package 'pcvsuite' was built before R 2.10.0: please re-install it

Anybody have an idea of how I can use the pcvsuite package running on R 2.12.0
for Mac?

Thank you in advance for any solutions.

Brant Inman
Duke University