David, I did look at ?density many times. I think I didn't explain what I have
to find.

Suppose I have a data.
x<- c(rnorm(40,5,3),rcauchy(30,0,4),rexp(30,6))

Suppose I don't have information about the mixture, I have been given only the
data.

density(x) will give the 6 number summary of the data, given as x and also the
6
number summary of the density of density given as y.

I want to find the density of the given data at x=1. I basically want the value
of y(=density) for x=1 i.e. kernel density at x=1.

Shant